Irritable Bowel Syndrome Treatment in Tampa, FL
Have you ever had the feeling that your stomach is twisted up in knots? Like, you have to run to the bathroom, and you feel like a train just ran over your intestines?
This is what happens with irritable bowel syndrome. If you have irritable bowel syndrome, you might have uncomfortable or painful abdominal symptoms. Constipation, diarrhea, gas, and bloating are common symptoms of IBS.
The digestive tract contains many types of bacteria that can benefit people by assisting in digestion and protecting against diseases. However, a buildup of normal gut bacteria can cause health issues like irritable bowel syndrome (IBS).
Recent studies have shown that gut bacteria overgrowth is directly linked to irritable bowel syndrome.
We at BioDesign Wellness Center can offer you the best individualized treatment for irritable bowel syndrome to protect you from diseases and support a healthy digestive system.
If you’re interested in learning more about IBS/Irritable Bowel Syndrome, visit our Education section.
Benefits of Irritable Bowel Syndrome Treatment in Tampa, FL
Here at BioDesign Wellness Center, we employ a holistic three-step process to treat the whole body. We tackle the root causes of pain and other symptoms. It also removes the causes or imbalances that caused the inflammation, thus healing the damage caused by inflammation. This can often help with autoimmune diseases. We can provide you with a treatment plan to help manage your condition with IBS treatment.
- Relief from symptoms – The primary goal of this treatment is to alleviate symptoms, such as abdominal pain and bloating.
- Improved intestinal function – IBS is a debilitating functional bowel disorder, gastrointestinal disorder. Our IBS treatment can provide better intestinal function.
- Long-lasting effects – IBS patients continue to have symptoms over many years. Our treatment has the therapeutic gain of a pharmacological treatment that continues for weeks or months.
- Improved habits and lifestyle changes – Our IBS treatment approach is also holistic. We believe that improving habits, modifying the diet, and changing lifestyle habits can help manage symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome.
How Does Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Treatment in Tampa, FL Work?
At BioDesign Wellness Center in Tampa, FL, our team of experts is committed to making the correct diagnosis and ruling out any other conditions,
Irritable bowel syndrome is directly linked to an overgrowth of gut bacteria, which scientists and doctors have discovered in recent years. Tests measuring methane in the breath have been used to show increased gut bacteria in people with IBS symptoms compared with the general population. Studies have also been conducted on people with IBS to examine how gut bacteria overgrowth causes the condition.
The severity, frequency, and specificity of symptoms in a given patient also determine the best therapeutic approach. In addition, there are dietary, pharmacological, and behavioral approaches that can help, and these should be tailored to your needs.
- Discover – Together we will meet to discuss your health goals so that we, as practitioners, can design a personalized plan to help you achieve those goals. We will also use comprehensive lab testing such as hormones, vitamin levels, and brain testing to discover the root cause of your symptoms. Addressing the root cause is key to being able to create long-lasting results.
- Restore – In this phase, our practitioners design a personalized plan for you based on the 5 Pillars of Health (Nutrition, Fitness, Gut Health, Stress Management & Hormones). Addressing all five pillars is the best way to achieve long-lasting results. The first step is a detox, which every person needs in order to allow their body to fully be available to heal itself. Then, based on your goals and lab results, our medical team will guide you one-on-one or virtually through each additional step of your plan to ensure you have all the support you need. We will not only help you resolve your chronic health issues, but we will remove the confusion that is out there about how to truly live a healthy life.
- Optimize – Now that the foundation for your health has been repaired, it’s time to fine-tune your plan in order to sustain your results. The process starts with follow-up lab tests so we can evaluate how to fine-tune your treatment plan. This often includes the reduction of old medications, adding in revitalizing hormones, and creating a healthy lifestyle plan that allows you to sustain your results for a lifetime. You will be empowered with the tools and support from our team to help you become the best version of yourself, so you can live a healthier and happier life!
Our approach to IBS treatment is to get to the root of complex, chronic health conditions through discovering and correcting underlying causes.
What to Expect After Irritable Bowel Syndrome Treatment in Tampa, FL
Do you have a case of irritable bowel? If you do, you might be experiencing uncomfortable and painful abdominal symptoms. Common symptoms include the following:
- Intestinal bloating
- Excessive gas
- Intestinal cramps
If you have irritable bowel syndrome, nothing damages your digestive tract or raises your risk for colon cancer. IBS does not have a cure, and patients suffering from it will all experience abdominal discomfort while also experiencing varying degrees of constipation, diarrhea, bloating, and urgency. To create an individualized plan that works best for you, our team must understand the frequency and severity of your symptoms – from being a nuisance to mapping out every bathroom from home to work to avoid an accident.
Get A Healthy Tummy with IBS Treatment in Tampa, FL
Irritable bowel syndrome treatment is often best achieved by combining different therapies. BioDesign Wellness Center in Tampa, FL, offers various treatments from experienced and caring professionals. Our clinic treats patients by providing a custom treatment plan designed to address their illness’s underlying and related causes.
We can provide you with a tailored treatment plan for irritable bowel syndrome in Tampa, FL. Call us at (813) 445-7770 or complete the form here to learn more about how we can help you beat irritable bowel syndrome.