Balanced health for women
The difference between women and men is perhaps starkest in terms of their healthcare needs:
- Seventy-five percent of those in the U.S. with autoimmune disease (AD) are women.
- Mental health conditions, including depression, anxiety, and bipolar disorder are more common among women than men.
- At middle age, women with depression have almost double the risk of having a stroke compared to men.
- Sleep deprivation raises blood pressure higher in women than in men.
- Women feel pain more intensely than do men.
- Metabolic syndrome is higher in women than in men (29 in percent women versus 23 percent in men according to one study). Metabolic syndrome is characterized by increased blood pressure, high blood sugar, excess fat around the waist, and abnormal cholesterol and triglyceride levels.
- Urinary tract infections are more common in women than in men. In addition, women commonly experience yeast infections and recurrent vaginitis.
- Approximately 10 percent of women between the ages of 15 and 44 have trouble getting or staying pregnant.
- Osteoporosis is much more common in women due to hormonal changes at menopause that result in bone loss.
At BioDesign Wellness Center, we know that women’s health check-ups should be comprehensive and take the unique needs of women into account. This includes paying attention to common and not-so-common health challenges women face, including those of a physical and psychological nature.
We understand that anxiety, fatigue, and depression are often ignored or dismissed as normal by traditional healthcare practices. As a result, we’re committed to discovering the origins of symptoms and developing treatment plans that avoid prescription medicine whenever possible.
At BioDesign Wellness Center, we help women with a wide array of health concerns, including:
- Hormonal balance — including sexual drive, general energy, and overall vitality
- Thyroid health — which impacts sleep, weight, bone density, and much more
- Digestive health — including small intestinal bacterial overgrowth (SIBO), irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), and bloating
- Cardiovascular health — monitored with the Cleveland Clinic Cholesterol Profile
- Weight gain, loss, and management — medically supervised by our doctors and staff
- Prediabetes and diabetes — diagnosis and treatment
A healthy energy level, sex drive, normal digestion, and happiness are all reasonable expectations and most certainly should be among the outcomes of treatment you’re seeking for yourself or a loved one.
We get it because at BioDesign Wellness, we believe you deserve an upgrade in your healthcare experience and outcome!
Our Approach to Your Health and Well-being
Together we will meet to discuss your health goals so that we, as practitioners, can design a personalized plan to help you achieve those goals. We will also use comprehensive lab testing such as hormones, vitamin levels and brain testing to discover the root cause of your symptoms. Addressing the root cause is key to being able to create long-lasting results.
In this phase, our practitioners design a personalized plan for you based the 5 Pillars of Health (Nutrition, Fitness, Gut Health, Stress Management & Hormones). Addressing all five pillars is the best way to achieve long-lasting results. The first step is a detox, which every person needs in order to allow their body to fully be available to heal itself. Then, based on your goals and lab results, our medical team will guide you one-on-one or virtually through each additional step of your plan to ensure you have all the support you need. We will not only help you resolve your chronic health issues, but we will remove the confusion that is out there about how to truly live a healthy life.
Now that the foundation for your health has been repaired, it’s time to fine-tune your plan in order to sustain your results. The process starts with follow-up lab tests so we can evaluate how to fine-tune your treatment plan. This often includes the reduction of old medications, adding in revitalizing hormones and creating a healthy lifestyle plan that allows you to sustain your results for a lifetime. You will be empowered with the tools and support from our team to help you become the best version of yourself, so you can live a healthier and happier life!