Looking for a IV therapy in Tampa FL? Most health-conscious individuals take vitamins — even if they’re only over-the-counter (OTC) multi-vitamins — to supplement the vitamins and minerals they obtain through their diet.
Supplementing a diet with vitamins is generally a good idea for most of us because the modern diet, even when you’re eating healthy, doesn’t provide all the vitamins and minerals the body needs. In addition, physical and emotional stress depletes the body’s reserves of key vitamins, minerals, and other micronutrients.
Unfortunately, taking OTC vitamin and mineral supplements orally may not deliver optimal results. This do-it-yourself method has the following limitations:
- OTC supplements don’t specifically target your nutritional needs. As a result, they’re likely to provide too much of some nutrients and insufficient amounts of others.
- Taken orally, some nutrients are poorly absorbed and are more likely to be eliminated as waste products than delivered to the cells that need them.
- The quality of OTC vitamins and minerals can vary depending on the manufacturer and suppliers.
Here at the BioDesign Wellness Center, we offer medically supervised intravenous (IV) vitamin drips that directly deliver vitamins, minerals, and amino acids into the bloodstream. These nutrients, offered to our patients as part of their treatment plans, have the potential to boost immune function, increase energy levels, and deliver a host of additional health benefits almost immediately.
Intravenous delivery bypasses digestive processes to optimize absorption, enabling these micronutrients to work immediately. It’s like jump-starting your car, delivering a high concentration of essential micronutrients to every cell to re-energize your body and accelerate the body’s healing and restorative processes. The results:
- Improved immune function
- Increased energy
- Restorative sleep
- Decreased stress and anxiety
- Enhanced mood
- Optimized health and function at the cellular level
Note: At BioDesign, we offer IV nutrient therapy only to existing patients, not walk-in clients. This enables us to provide safe and effective nutrient supplementation based on each client’s treatment plan, nutritional needs, and health and fitness profile.
Below we describe four of our IV nutrient therapies available to our patients. Treatment takes approximately 60 minutes. Note that all IV therapies are not suitable for everyone.
BD Hydrate is primarily a saline solution (sodium chloride and water).
We may add vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants to enhance healing, recovery, and resilience based on a client’s needs and health and fitness profile.
Learn More Here: Butyrate is The Fatty Acid That’s Good for Your Body
BD Hydrate targets dehydration, which is associated with the following conditions:
- Cold and flu: It’s easy to get dehydrated when vomiting or having a fever or diarrhea. A saline IV restores lost fluids to speed recovery.
- Hangovers: Alcohol overconsumption often leads to dehydration. Intravenous saline solution restores lost fluids and electrolytes.
- Strenuous physical activity: You lose fluids and deplete electrolytes when you sweat. Intravenous saline restores both.
- Morning sickness: A pure, high-grade normal saline solution helps expectant moms who are feeling the effects of persistent morning sickness. Plus, it’s safe for moms and their babies.
BD Immune Synergy
BD Immune Synergy is our branded version of a Myer’s Cocktail, originally developed by the late John Myers, MD, to support immune system health and function. Our version of this IV cocktail includes the following ingredients:
Vitamin C combined with glutathione supports resiliency, recovery, detox, and immunity. For example:
- Vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant that is quickly depleted during acute and chronic inflammation. Low Vitamin C reduces the body’s ability to heal from inflammation. Replenishing Vitamin C reduces oxidation and, subsequently, inflammation.
- Glutathione is another powerful antioxidant that helps protect against various health problems by boosting immune function. It’s often referred to as a “master antioxidant.” It also protects the liver during detoxification from normal cellular metabolism, detoxifying mold and other toxins commonly found in food, water, and the environment.
BD Immune Synergy replenishes antioxidants such as vitamin C, glutathione, B vitamins, magnesium, and electrolytes and is recommended for patients with the following conditions:
- Alzheimer’s disease
- Brain inflammation
- COVID-19 recovery
- Cramps (leg and foot)
- Heart inflammation (myocarditis)
- Heavy metal toxicity (this IV helps to remove heavy metals from the brain and body)
- Kidney disease (individuals with kidney disease may have difficulty processing high doses of vitamins/minerals — this IV can help)
- Lyme disease
- Mold exposure
- Musculoskeletal injuries
- Neurological conditions characterized by numbness, tingling, or brain fog
- Viral infection
BD Amino Acid
Amino acids are the building blocks of proteins and play a key role in synthesizing deoxyribonucleic acid (DNA), and ribonucleic acid (RNA), which are responsible for storing and reading the genetic code underpins all life.
Directly and indirectly, amino acids affect how your body functions. They can activate energy and can enhance sleep. As precursors to neurotransmitters (chemical messengers in the brain), they can help with thinking, focus, and relaxation.
If you regularly feel exhausted in your daily routine, ask your BioDesign healthcare practitioner or doctor about BD Amino Acid IV therapy.
Amino acids are divided into three categories:
- Essential: These nine amino acids are not produced by our bodies and can only be obtained through the food we eat, assuming normal digestion.
- Nonessential: These are amino acids our bodies produce, but we can also get them from food.
- Conditional: These are nonessential amino acids that become essential under special circumstances, such as when we are sick. For example, glycine is needed to produce glutathione, which can be depleted with infection and toxicity.
The BD Amino Acid IV contains a combination of amino acids from all three categories that are fully absorbed to boost protein production and enhance the body’s ability to heal and repair itself.
This IV contains the following ingredients:
- Amino Acids:
- Vitamins and Minerals
We may recommend BD Amino Acid IV therapy to help treat the following conditions:
We may also recommend the BD Amino Acid IV for:
- Brain health
- Sports recovery and performance
- Problems associated with nutrient absorption
Warning: Genetic disorders related to protein metabolism may increase an individual’s risk of having an allergic reaction to amino acids, but these genetic disorders are generally identified at birth or shortly thereafter, so allergic reactions to amino acid therapy are not likely.
BD Brain Boost with Magnesium
Magnesium is a nutrient that the body needs to stay healthy. It relaxes the blood vessel walls allowing for improved blood circulation and oxygenation, which can reduce headaches and relax the body. It calms the nervous system by blunting the fight-or-flight response caused by stress.
While it down-regulates receptors that trigger anxiety, it promotes the receptors for GABA — a neurotransmitter that calms the brain and body. Magnesium is also required for producing dopamine, which is the feel good or reward neurotransmitter in the brain. And it supports elevated levels of serotonin and improves sleep.
Magnesium is the main ingredient in BD Brain Boost, but our recipe includes several additional ingredients to optimize brain health and function. Here’s a complete list of ingredients:
Pro Tip: The ingredients in BD Brain Boost are nearly identical to those in BD Immune Synergy. The difference between the two is that BD Brain Boost contains double the amount of magnesium and contains no glutathione.
We often recommend BD Brain Boost for the following conditions:
- Magnesium deficiency (shown in a blood test)
- Brain fog or difficulty concentrating
- Memory or cognitive impairment
- High blood pressure
- Cardiac arrhythmias
- Osteoporosis or osteopenia
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Neurological conditions (seizures, muscle twitching, tremors, spasms, weakness)
- Physical exertion due to sports or infection
- Increased exposure to heat or sun
- Dehydration from alcohol use
Important to Know: Magnesium tops the list of mineral deficiencies in the United States. Up to 30 percent of the population may have subclinical levels of magnesium deficiency that go untreated. This can lead to anxiety, depression, calcium deposits in arteries, migraine headaches, tremors, muscle twitching, muscle weakness, and high blood pressure. Low magnesium can also negatively impact sleep quality and quantity.
Regardless of whether you choose one of the IV therapies we offer at BioDesign Wellness Center, we encourage you to take the right approach to supplements. First, consult with a functional and integrative healthcare provider for examination and testing. Find out what your body needs before taking any supplement.
Too much of a good thing can be just as bad, or even worse, than not enough. In addition, if your body lacks certain essential nutrients, your healthcare provider can recommend the safest and most effective ways to restore their levels.
= = = = = =
Disclaimer: The information in this blog post about IV nutrient therapy is provided for general informational purposes only and may not reflect current medical thinking or practices. No information contained in this post should be construed as medical advice from the medical staff at BioDesign Wellness Center, Inc., nor is this post intended to be a substitute for medical counsel on any subject matter. No reader of this post should act or refrain from acting on the basis of any information included in, or accessible through, this post without seeking the appropriate medical advice on the particular facts and circumstances at issue from a licensed medical professional in the recipient’s state, country or other appropriate licensing jurisdiction.